Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- baking sheet
- medium mixing bowl
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbs Manitoba Milled Flaxseed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbs water
- 2 tbs granulated sugar for sprinkling
- 1 tsp salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a small dish mix the milled flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and stir until combined. Set aside.
- To the bowl, add peanut butter, maple syrup, flaxseed, salt and stir to combine.
- The dough will be sticky but you should be able roll in small 3/4 in balls. If needed add a sprinkle of the milled flaxseed.
- Place the cookie balls on to a baking sheet lined with parchment or slicone baking sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and flatten with a fork to make the crosshatch marks.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.