Sweet and Spicy Holiday Nuts
- baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- 3 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 whole egg white from a small-medium size egg, if using larger egg use about 3/4 of the white and discard the rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet wtih parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl add spices, salt and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl whisk egg white and 1 table spoon water until frothy
- Add 3 cups of nuts to a larger bowl. The bowl should have enough toss the nuts without spilling over.
- Add the frothy eggwhite mixture to the nuts and toss until all the nuts are well covered.
- Next add the sugar and spices mix to the larger bowl of nuts and toss until well covered.
- Once all nuts are well covered pour the mixture and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Making sure that all nuts in one layer and not clumped together.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Then remove and stir the nuts with a spatula. Break up any clumps and stiring to move any that have started to stick.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir again. Then let cool and enjoy!