3 Bean Turkey Chili
This turkey chili puts a healthy spin on fall favorite. Check out my post on The MIND Diet -10 Foods You Should Eat, for even more reasons to love this recipe.
Servings: 6 people +
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 24 oz can chopped tomatoes canned
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot on high. Add ground turkey and cook until lightly brown.
- Add chopped onions, celery, garlic, red pepper, and chili powder. Stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer.
- Drain and rise the kidney beans, pinto beans, and black beans. Add beans to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add bay leaves and let simmer for 20-25 minutes
- Serve alone or with optional toppings of sour cream, cilantro, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese or lime wedge.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 428mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2129IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg